Why Clean Sport?
Everyone has a duty to protect clean sport.
We want to know when we watch sport that it’s the real deal - that there is integrity in sport.
Cheating in any form undermines the spirit of sport and the efforts of clean athletes.
The facts - what you need to know about clean sport
- UK Anti-Doping is the UK’s National Anti-Doping Organisation responsible for protecting clean sport in the UK
- Clean sport is protected globally by commitments from both governments and the sports movement
- Anti-doping is governed by a worldwide agreed set of rules
- Anti-doping is bigger than an athlete failing a test; if you are involved in sport, the chances are you will be bound by the Anti-Doping Rules.
What that means for you
Failing to abide by the values of clean sport or the Anti-Doping Rules (if they apply to you) could mean severe consequences for your sporting future or career in sport.
What you should do
- Remember why you started participating in sport and what sport means to you
- Live the values of clean sport at all times
- Make sure you are fully aware of the Anti-Doping Rules and who they apply to
- Keep yourself up to date with the latest news and alerts from UKAD so you are not at risk
Where to go for further advice
- Download the 100% me Clean Sport App
- Check out the Clean Sport Advisor programme in our Learning Zone
- Find out more about how UKAD can help through education, training and events