Customer Complaints Policy


This policy aims to ensure that anyone who deals with UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) is aware of our customer complaints policy and can easily register a complaint if necessary. UKAD welcomes feedback of all types and we are committed to continually improving the service we provide. 


A complaint is defined by UKAD as an expression of dissatisfaction with the service delivery or behaviour of UKAD staff or representatives.  This does not include initial requests for service, asking for an explanation of a policy or procedure or an appeal against a decision.   

Dissatisfaction with policies and procedures outside of the direct control of UKAD will not be treated as a complaint, however we will log comments and pass them on to the relevant responsible body as appropriate. 


UKAD is registered to International Quality Standard ISO 9001:2015 and as such has a documented complaints procedure which complies with the requirements of this Standard.   

Formal complaints may be made online via the website using the email in the ‘contact us’ section of our website, as well as by telephone or in writing via post. UKAD aims to log and fully investigate complaints within seven working days or provide the complainant with a reason why if this is not possible. 

UKAD will investigate complaints which have been made anonymously, however we would prefer to be able to contact the complainant in order to ensure that we have adequately addressed the reported concerns. 

The postal address to send complaints to is:

Loughborough Office
3 Oakwood Drive
Loughborough LE11 3QF

Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7842 3450, Email:  


If you are not satisfied with the response provided by UKAD, you may refer the issue to the appropriate authority. In the case of Information Security complaints relating to Freedom of Information, Subject Access Requests, GDPR or data protection these should be referred to the Information Commissioner via the contact us section of their website. For all other procedural complaints, you may wish to contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman via their website.