To prosecute anti-doping rule violation matters, including acting as an advocate on behalf of UK Anti-Doping before the National Anti-Doping Panel and other tribunals.
To ensure the highest quality legal advice is made available to the organisation in the most efficient way.
- Barrister or Solicitor with a current practicing certificate and a minimum of three years’ post-qualification experience in-house or within private practice
- Substantial experience of appearing as an advocate before a range of tribunals
- Substantial experience of handling litigation matters
- Proven experience of working with anti-doping rules and regulations, or similar professional regulations
- Proven experience of providing legal advice at Board/Senior Management level
- Demonstrable experience of drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Familiarity with Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act and GDPR matters
- Experience of communicating and presenting to a variety of levels of seniority and backgrounds both internally and externally
- Experience of managing sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate manner
- A passion for and knowledge of sport is desirable
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Confident advocacy
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work under a tight schedule with competing deadlines
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of key people internally and externally
- Self-aware and excellent interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to work proactively with external suppliers
- Ability to use Microsoft Office efficiently
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and accrue one day of annual leave for every year of service, up to 30 days
- Two days paid Sports Leave and one day paid Volunteer Leave per annual leave year
- Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
- Flexible Start and Finish times (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
- One working from home day per week after successful completion of your first month
- Eye care Vouchers
- Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary
How to Apply
To apply please visit https://app.beapplied.com/apply/g1wtnvjq6g and follow the application steps. The deadline for applications is midday, 16 March 2020.
CVs and/or cover letters will not be accepted. You must have a valid right to work in the UK.
Please note: If you have previously applied for this role, you need not apply again.