Head of Finance
The Head of Finance is responsible for leading the Finance team. The role works closely with the Director of Finance and the Commercial Services Manager, and line manages the Finance Manager.
- A highly organised, personable, and approachable individual with a can-do attitude, who copes well under deadline pressure
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA)
- Desirable - demonstrable experience of working at Head of Finance/Financial Controller level in a similar sized organisation
- Demonstrable people management experience including development and motivation of a team
- Experience of producing both management and statutory accounts
- Desirable - both experience within Government accounting and a commercial environment
- Experience of providing financial information to non-financial managers
- A technically strong accountant, with the ability to see the bigger picture and how this translates to day to day operational activity
- Proven experience of building excellent working relationships with non-financial members at all levels of the organisation
- High level of technical competence and a keen eye for financial detail
- A passion for, and knowledge of, sport is desirable
- Ability to prioritise own workload in order to meet set deadlines
- Provide a customer service approach to the Finance & Quality Directorate, and wider internal and external customers, with a flexible attitude
- Effectively manage time and resources, maintaining a high quality delivery with strong attention to detail
- A team player, with a hands-on attitude to support other team members as required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytical skills and advanced Excel skills
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and accrue one days annual leave for every year of service, up to 30 days
- Two days paid Sports Leave and one day paid Volunteer Leave per annual leave year
- Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
- Flexible Start and Finish times (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
- One working from home day per week after successful completion of probationary period (all staff currently working from home due to the pandemic)
- Eye care Vouchers
- Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary
How to Apply
To apply please click the link below to complete the online application process:
Deadline for application is 23:59 Friday 23 October 2020.
If you live in London or the surrounding areas and would like to apply for this role, we will consider your application for our London/Croydon office.
We reserve the right to close the advert early if we receive enough applications.
CVs and/or cover letters will not be accepted. You must have a valid right to work in the UK.