You will be an experienced multi-channel communications specialist, passionate about creating engaging content, and an expert in digital and traditional media. You will be confident communicator and tactical problem solver, who has skills to translate complex and technical information to a range of audiences.
You will sit in a pivotal role in the Communications team of a high-profile national organisation with plenty of opportunities, to show how you can make a difference and develop your skills and experience.
You will be a first-class media operator with a strong news sense and judgement, with experience operating in a complex environment, working resolutely to get coverage for your story. You will be a detailed planner, assertive in finding stories, and an expert relationship manager working closely with colleagues across the organisation to bring UKAD’s work to new and existing audiences.
You will have a strong track record of communicating complicated subject matters using digital tools to convey understanding to audiences through owned and earned media. Your creativity will find new ways of creating impact and affecting change- working closely with the Head of Communications and Communications Officer.
The Communications Manager will have a proven history of working effectively with media and developing good working relations with journalists. You will be confident selling in stories on the phone or in person to.
You will be an experienced integrated communications campaigner. Planning and leading national campaigns, you can change behaviour and grow awareness and support UKAD’s key strategic goals.
You have a sense of humour and a clear understanding of what working in a team means.
We catch those who cheat, we celebrate clean athletes, we influence decisions, and we build partnerships to tackle challenges in sport and wider society. You don’t need to be ‘from sport’, but you need to care about why and how UKAD can make a difference in protecting sport.
- A bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience in journalism, media relations, PR
- Relevant significant work experience ideally within a complex political environment within a communications function
- Experience of managing a workload effectively to meet set deadlines
- Experience of writing in an engaging and informative style
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of producing a range of high-quality communications materials for websites, publicity, newsletters and reports
- Experience and understanding of a range of social media channels including how to segment and target different audiences
- Competent and proven writing and editing skills for a range of target audiences and channels
- Capable of corporate report writing with experience of compiling organisation wide reports
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communications skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Microsoft Outlook
- Experience of working closely with design agencies to create animation and video projects
- Experience of video and photo editing (Adobe Photoshop/Premier Pro or similar)
- Experience of operating website CMS systems
- Ability to sell-in stories to journalists on the phone and in person
- Ability to work with external partners and suppliers.
- Ability to prioritise own workload in order to meet set deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to operate with minimal supervision
- Creative approach to work, with the ability to develop innovative solutions and use initiative in problem solving
- Strong team player with the ability to show understanding and sensitivity to others’ views and objectives and to support other team members as required
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and accrue one days annual leave for every year of service, up to 30 days
- Two days paid Sports Leave and one day paid Volunteer Leave per annual leave year
- Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
- Flexible Start and Finish times (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
- One working from home day per week after successful completion of probationary period
- Eye care Vouchers
- Government Pension Scheme (LPGS) with four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary
How to Apply
To apply please complete a UKAD Application Form, Criminal Convictions Declaration Form, and Equal Opportunities Form, outlining how you meet the person specification and submit to email@example.com by 12pm, Monday 9 December 2019. If you have previously applied for this role you need not apply again. We reserve the right to close the advert early if we receive enough applications.
CVs and/or cover letters will not be accepted.
Closing date: 09/12/2019