Cookies on the UK Anti-Doping website
BCOs are required to act as an independent worker on behalf of UK Anti-Doping (UKAD). BCOs are required to collect blood samples in accordance with WADA’s International Standard for Testing and Investigations (ISTI). Conducting blood sample collection procedures will involve taking blood samples from Athletes and ensuring the correct aftercare procedures are conducted. Samples should be kept in a suitable condition until transferred to an authorised representative of UKAD.
BCOs may be requested to fulfil the duties of a Chaperone including; notification of Athletes selected for an anti-doping test, chaperoning of selected Athletes to the Doping Control Station (DCS), witnessing urine sample provision and the completion of administration duties in in accordance with the UKAD Doping Control Handbook.
Successful applicants will have the following experience and skills:
• Qualified, trained, active and experienced phlebotomist
• Comprehensive and up-to-date First Aid knowledge
• Sensitivity, understanding and calmness under pressure
• Ability to carry out detailed administrative tasks with a high degree of accuracy
• Proven ability to work with confidential information
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Sound judgement and decision-making capability
• Ability to use own initiative within a procedural framework
• Conflict management skills in a stressful environment
• Organisational skills for people and activities
For further details on the vacancy please see here.
Please complete the UK Anti-Doping Application Form along with the Equal Opportunities Form, outlining how you meet the person specification, and send to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 31 May 2017
Closing date: 31/05/2017
Interview dates: TBC